Saturday, October 15, 2011

First Snow!!!


I checked the weather yesterday, as I do every few days, in an attempt to win the game of dressing for the weather and guess what I saw in the forecast.  Snow.  (Just so you know, I didn’t lose the game, but I most certainly didn’t win it. Haha)  Honestly, I didn’t believe the forecast.  I mean, it’s only just the middle of October, how could it possibly snow yet!  Well, guess what it’s doing outside right now.  That’s right, it’s snowing.  Big flakes, too, not those little flakes where you can barely tell that it’s snowing.  It’s not sticking to anything yet, either.  I imagine that the ground is still a little bit too warm, but soon I’m sure it will.


I seriously feel like a little kid right now, but I suppose that always happens with the first snow.  (And it was funny, because when I went downstairs today and saw that it was snowing, I got all happy and excited, and Tanya was just like, "oh, it's snowing".)  The first few snows, in my opinion, are the best snows.  But this early snow is doing nothing for my perception of time.  The weather these past few days has made me feel that it is already November, almost Thanksgiving time, which is odd, because it’s only October.  Oh well, we’ll see how I feel about snow at the end of these next two months, but for now, I’m thoroughly content.

1 comment:

  1. I can see you in a Big Coat, Wool, with a collar of Arctic Fox that would bring out the red in your hair! Nice hat! That would work with the coat.Don't ever loose the kid in you. I still like to fall back on it. I Love You! Love Dad.

    ReplyDelete